Skip over main navigation
Hervey Bay Neighbourhood Centre Inc.
07 4194 3000
Who we are
Mission and values
Reports and publications
Awards and achievements
Aged & disability services
Children & family services
Food & hospitality services
Tenancy advice & support
Community wellness centre
The Neighbourhood Hive
Legal advice & support
Free Legal Workshops
Community Legal Service
Support for Seniors
Legal Services Disclaimer
Get help now
Volunteer for us
Events & news
Local Learning Hub events
Training, courses & workshops
Ethiopian Kids Quiz
1. How many months in the year are there in Ethiopia?
2. Coffee had its origin in Ethiopia. What is the story behind this?
A goat herder noticed his flock of goats enjoying a particular fruit and tried it himself and liked it.
A man was drinking tea under a tree when a coffee bean fell from the tree into his drink and he liked the taste of it.
A woman was looking for some new flavours to improve her soup and tried using coffee beans.
A man was looking for seeds to use in his musical instrument and thought he would use coffee beans. The shaker fell into a pot accidentally and nobody noticed. They drank it and like it.
3. In what Olympic sport did the first black man win Gold?
100 metre sprint
4. Why is Ethiopia a haven for vegetarians?
Because there aren’t any cows in Ethiopia
Because they are very strong environmentalists and believe farming animals is bad for the land
Because their Orrthodox Chrisianity prohibits the eating of animal products 2 days a week
Because Ethiopians don’t like the taste of meat
5. Ethiopia is the most populous landlocked country in the world?
6. A famous person called Lucy Dinkinesh is buried in Ethiopia. Who is she?
A famous Ethiopian actress
A famous Ethiopian singer
The world’s oldest fossil of a hominid
The first female President
7. There is no official language in Ethiopia. Many people speak their local language as well as other languages mainly English, French and Arabic. Approximately how many languages in total are spoken in Ethiopia?
8. In 2019, Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed won the Nobel Peace Prize. What was this for?
For his efforts to achieve peace and international cooperation
He bribed the judges
He was a peaceful man
For his efforts to bring the Olympics to Ethiopia
9. What do Ethiopia and Russia have in common?
They have the same life expectancy
They both have a similar population size
They both share the same number of borders with other countries
They both have never been occupied by other countries
10. Ethiopia has earned the distinction of being one of the countries with the greatest number of UNESCO World Heritage sites on the planet. How many do they have?